Minutes General Membership
February 4, 2017
Attendance: Zeno Franco, Tim Richter, Marie Sandy, Ignacio Catral, Myron Thomsen, Laureen Stirmel Jane LeCapitaine, Supervisor Haas & Tom Dillion
- 2 Smoking stations – Cliff’s staff will install one at main entrance away from immediate door entrance and one near the beer garden entrance – also not at immediate entrance
- Graffiti – Big increase in around park
- Spring Events
- Spring Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 11:00 am; we are now a real committee, with more than 2 members; based on the ability to secure donations this year HPF will increase the number of filled eggs to 4000 – First Federal bank agreed to help fill eggs; including a drawing of an Easter Fill basket, one for each age zone and a stroller check in area. And there will be a life size East Bunny!
- Need volunteers – 20 twenty
- Marie Sandy is developing an event volunteer and time inventory to be posted on FB and other social media sites as well as HPF website.
- Park Clean Up – Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:00 am to 12 Noon; coordinated by Myron & Linda Thomsen; bags & gloves will be donated by KGMB (Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful).
- Beer Garden – open in May, new programming to bring more folks into the beer garden.
- Bocce Fest – while scheduled for August, if HPF is not able to secure the needed volunteers to help plan the event as well as the set up & take down and the many tasks during the event, Bocce may be canceled; decision will be made by the board. If Bocce does take place there will be no band and food vendor. Last year was a fundraising loss for the organization.
- Courts will be reduced from 8
- Teams will be capped at 16
- Cost per team will increase
- Need volunteers – 20 twenty
- Bathroom Renovations estimated cost for both bathroom is $50,000; bathroom could be completed before the opening of the beer garden; HPF has the construction specifications; forwarded to County Parks for their final review and input; will schedule a meeting between Parks, HPF and the contractors for final review. HPF will draw from the Maintenance Fund established with the agreement of the beer garden and County Parks; in addition, HPF will contribute and apply for funds from the County’s Amenities Fund.
- Roof of pavilion – County Parks is securing a contractor.
- Shakespeare in the Park – discussions have taken place between County Parks and Shakespeare in the park representatives; another such meeting schedule for Monday, February 6, 2017 in the HP pavilion to further understand the needs of the group. HPF totally supports this venue in our park.
- BVNA Skate Spot – waiting to hear from BVNA regarding a formal presentation; looking a smaller foot print, near the playground pool area; HPF will hold a community meeting to update neighbors. In 2013 there was a community meeting on the skate spot, but since a lot of folks moved in & out of the community, HPR is recommending an update informational meeting before it goes to the County Parks.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm